Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year, New Developments for The Hobbit Quest

It has been a while since I sat down with myself to share a few thoughts with anyone who wants to read it. Full steam ahead for the production, with a very exiting cast probably learning how to walk like Dwarves and drink like Hobbits as I type.

Location, location, location is taking up most of the rest of the our attention, but at the end of the day I believe that whatever and wherever things are being constructed, they will be beautiful and completed as finely as possible. I expect nothing less from PJ, Weta and whatever ancillary's they have engaged for the project. Considering this I would rather let them do their magic and not know, only to the point that really I need to be there, weaving the magic with them and in that sense know!

On that point, I received some contact from a number of supportive and interested parties in recent times, one in particular (let me know if you want me to name you!) who has been particularly great to hear from and very proactive in developing the cause of the Quest while I have been messing around with stupid things like Visa's, props to you my friend. This has turned up a potentially very useful email address and so a new avenue of exploration to be embarked upon. This works nicely alongside my new Macbook Pro, which hopefully will allow me to create my first video within a 6 week timeframe. An amalgamation of these things has led to my current positive and excited bubble of potential within.

Although my enjoyment is probably already evident from the above linking, I'd also like to take a second to give a massive shout out to ToRN and all parties and Ringers involved in creating the go to site for Tolkien/PJ fans. There's a lot of sites and organizations out there that give us the info we need and desire, but I think it is difficult to argue that there is a better place to get the most accurate and most up to date info. Retweeting isn't discovering and hence I don't do it, but for anyone out there who hasn't been here, go:

1 comment:

  1. I don't mind if you name me :)
    After sending my resume I got a "Thank you" but "I don't want to get your hopes up" email back. It sounds like there are two difficulties:
    1) They usually want to hire people for the whole 18 months, and the visa only lets you work 3
    2) There are a lot of local people who want the same jobs
    I'm debating with myself whether to pay the approximately $115 now or if I should wait. Perhaps it would raise my chances of getting hired...?
    How has your "messing around with Visa's" gone? Did you get one already or are you still deciding like me?
    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete