Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Consolidating all angles...

So with the return to Vancouver and the realisation that the borrowed laptop that I'm using is not capable of supporting any editing software of any kind (no disrespect towards the laptops owner, she is a wonderful and excellent human being who came through for me like a shining beacon of strength in a time of need), the video project is on hold until such time as we enter the investment stage.

This is not necessarily a bad thing as I have discovered that it has made me focus on more practical concerns such as actually getting myself on a plane to New Zealand. So in a fortunate way, my trip home has been very productive. One of my very best friends also has the New Zealand bug and so plans have been put in motion, visas are being researched, savings plans are being enacted. Hmmm, interesting how I talk about investment and savings in almost the same breath...better crunch some numbers there.

But the important thing is that I'm geographically in the right place at the right time. I just wish I had some indication of when the right time was. MGM...Spyglass...could we maybe do a deal here? Mr. Jackson...could you maybe give in and agree to direct? But not too quickly cause I can't get to New Zealand for a good few months yet!

ADD. Just in case they are any voracious spellers out there, I am Irish and so do spell quite a few words differently. Hope no one is overly offended by the colloquialisms!

No comments:

Post a Comment